|And You Will Know the Truth
☸ GOLD MEDAL ☸
Fastest Time: 4:45
Shot Accuracy: 15%
Number of Headshots: 11
Ross wants to make a final assault to kill Dutch van der Linde with the help of the US Army. Of course Dutch won't give up without a fight.
No family just yet
Once again in the office of Edgar Ross, John finds the men getting their guns ready. After a greeting, Marston firmly asks for his family. Ross is reluctant to hand them over. He goes on a rant about Dutch and how he and Archer are "bad" for enforcing the rules. John questions the fact that they kidnapped his family but Ross is not shy to admit how things really are. Ross goes on to say that Dutch must be put to rest for the recent bank robbery and asks Marston if he'll help. It isn't actually a choice so they all exit.
Outside the office an armored truck is waiting. In the rear bed is a mechanical gun mounted on a tripod. Ross signals for Marston to hop up to it and the agents get in the cab before driving off with Fordham at the wheel. The ride out can be trip skipped. After passing a small army squad they continue through the streets as onlookers gasp at the mechanical monster rolling by. The US Army's new toy is only the start of things to come: "Soon there will be no war we can't win.
Along the ride Ross explains that the army set up camp outside of town. They put word out about supplies there so hopefully that attracts Dutch's gang. At the camp an army captain tells Ross that they spotted one of Dutch's men an hour ago and thinks they took the bait. Ross tells him to get his men ready. Fordham drives the armored truck around to the sandbags and gets it into position with army soldiers spreading out on both ends.
Beginning of the end
After sitting around for a few seconds enemies will appear from the southwest, west, and northwest. Use the gun to mow them all down. The first wave will have eight enemies. The amount from each direction is random. The ones north and south are on horseback while the ones west run in on foot. They'll take cover behind various rocks and crates spread out in the field ahead. When there's about two left another wave of four appears. There are two additional waves of four after this. Some of the enemies shoot guns while a few toss dynamite. Pick them all off.
When there's a couple left they will begin to retreat. Ross wants to chase after them so the truck begins to move with the army following behind. Take out the remaining enemies as the truck goes off-road. Fordham comments that the vehicle is much bumpier as Ross tells him to keep it steady.
Eventually more enemies appear as you approach a hill. One is ahead towards the left and five more are on the right up the hill. Kill them as you go by. Continue to watch out for dynamite and fire bottles being thrown. You probably won't be able to get some of them while going up the hill so get them early or wait until you level off. Farther along on the right among some trees and rocks are three more enemies. Kill them as another enemy appears to the left. Kill him and four more are ahead hiding behind rocks. Two will be on the right and two on the left. Kill them and there's one more on the right ahead.
After getting through all of those enemies you'll approach a tree. Right as you come around it a wagon full of explosives will be coming at you from across the way. Shoot it and it should easily explode. The truck will turn towards the woods. Hiding among the rocks ahead are three enemies. Kill them. The truck continues around the roads to find two more a little high behind more rocks. Kill them too. The last one (left rock) will be a little hard to get. You can kill him as the truck passes the rock.
Right after passing that enemy, a cutscene shows one of Dutch's men activating a TNT plunger. An explosion rocks the area and flips the armored truck.
- Note: You may want to sell off your Provision items before starting this mission. Most if not all items will be lost after the next mission (second part to this one).
- Trip skip the journey out of town. You cannot dismount the gun or vehicle during this mission.
- After speaking with the captain, wait for the truck to get into position.
- Wipe out the waves of enemies described above. Use bursts to improve accuracy (don't hold the trigger) and aim for headshots. It can be beneficial to wait for the ones on horseback to dismount.
- Continue using bursts and aim for the head during the chase across the fields described above.
- Pop a few rounds into the wagon as soon as possible. It should explode easily.
- Use bursts and aim for the head of the final few enemies.
- Note: This mission can be a major pain for a gold medal. You can do a speed run by holding the trigger to demolish enemies and then go through again for accuracy and/or headshots. Sometimes holding the trigger may actually work well.
Great Men Are Not Always Wise < And You Will Know the Truth > And the Truth Will Set You Free