|For Purely Scientific Purposes
☸ GOLD MEDAL ☸
Fastest Time: 5:40
Shot Accuracy: 90%
Number of Headshots: 6
Escort MacDougal and Nastas to meet with some of Dutch's Native men. Apparently talking is not actually something they want to do.
+50 Fame, +25 Honor
Marston finds Professor MacDougal in his office again. He jitters around while yelling at Marston how he figured out the nature of the savage soul. He speeds through some more explanations before telling John to follow him in order to see proof of his theories as well as bring John closer to Dutch van der Linde. They both exit the office.
Going to camp
Go down the street with MacDougal and mount your horse after Nastas brings them out. Follow Nastas as MacDougal informs John that Nastas helped set up a meeting with some of Dutch's Native American gang members. John ends up getting Nastas to put the Professor's ramblings into simpler terms.
Eventually the trio comes across a bear near the second set of railroad tracks. It would be fine except MacDougal begins shooting it which causes the bear to come after him. Kill the bear before it kills anyone. Nastas will comment that if it was left alone there wouldn't have been any trouble. They continue on down the road into Bearclaw Camp. Dismount your horse with them and walk to the designated cabin.
No peace pipe here
In a cutscene they enter a broken cabin with a few Natives inside. MacDougal breaks the ice with a peace statement but the head Native does not want to hear it. He says they have been through a lot of bad things and begins to rob the trio. Nastas tries to step in but gets a bullet in his head. Marston springs into action by killing the Natives and telling MacDougal to get down while taking over behind a small cabin wall.
In control of Marston, kill the remaining natives. There are seven in total behind various cover with three in front of you, two across the way and two more on the left. When they are all dead run with MacDougal to the horses. Mount up and follow MacDougal out of the area.
Eventually reinforcements on horseback appear off to the left at the railroad tracks (near where the bear was). Kill the three and further down the road four more will come in from the left as well. Kill all of them and protect MacDougal from getting killed. He will ride very fast so if you stop holding the "follow" button you'll get behind and need to catch up.
With all of the enemies dead, follow MacDougal back into Blackwater. He'll talk about the rush and how he needs a syringe - he'll probably never sleep again
anyway. Continue into the alley to park your horse next to MacDougal's. The professor thanks John for saving him and the two part ways.
- Quickly mount your horse and follow Nastas.
- Quickly kill the bear. If you sprint ahead of Nastas at the railroad tracks you might be able to use a throwing knife to the head before it gets crazy.
- Sprint into Bearclaw camp but go right to the cabin and dismount. Don't run over anyone.
- Quickly Dead-Eye/headshot the enemies around.
- With the enemies dead, quickly get on your horse and sprint ahead of MacDougal.
- Take out both waves of reinforcements as quickly as possible. Dead-Eye/headshot whoever you can. You can actually see (and shoot) the second wave running across the hill in the distance before getting to the second set of railroad tracks.
- Catch up to MacDougal if needed and follow him back to the alley near his office.
At Home with Dutch < For Purely Scientific Purposes > The Prodigal Son Returns (to Yale)