|Great Men Are Not Always Wise
☸ GOLD MEDAL ☸
Fastest Time: 6:40
Shot Accuracy: 75%
Number of Headshots: 10
Dutch van der Linde tries to rob the bank in Blackwater but the law intervenes. The fight gets taken across the region into the forest.
+200 Fame, up to +225 Honor
To the roof
Marston walks up to the offices of his employers to find them getting ready to go. Edgar Ross informs John that Dutch is going to be visiting the bank across the plaza. They head outside to get to the roof.
In control of Marston, climb up the ladder to the roof. Run over to the snipers and ammo crates to stock up. In another cutscene Ross explains the situation. The front doors are the only way in or out. Dutch's horses are off to the left. Keep your eyes on the door but don't shoot until Ross says so. Aim at the doors and wait. Eventually they spring open. One of Dutch's men has a hostage at gun point. Ross tells you to hold your fire but the hostage ends up getting shot. You can take out the captor early but missing him will cause you to fail - same if you hit the hostage.
With the captor dead more enemies appear from the building. One will run out the door with another peeking out. The runner will go for the horses on the left. Kill them both. In addition to them are two snipers in the second floor windows center and right. Kill the four and another wave of six will try to exit the doors. They'll take cover behind the small walls out in front or run off to the right. One stays in the doorway. Kill them all to trigger another cutscene where Ross sends Marston and two others (Hopkins & Manning) to rush the bank. There may be hostages inside so be careful. The three run downstairs.
Raid the robbery
Run across the plaza to the bank with Hopkins and Manning. The doors of the bank have been locked so shoot them open. Inside are four enemies spread out behind the counter. Kill the two towards the left and the third if possible. Go to the left through the doorway. Off to the right is the fourth enemy holding a hostage at gunpoint in the safe. Save the hostage and move upstairs.
There are three more enemies hiding around the desks upstairs. Kill them and move to the office door on the right. Inside John finds Dutch and an accomplice holding a woman and man hostage. A tense discussion ensues about John and Dutch's former relationship with John trying to release the hostages but in the end Dutch puts a hole in the woman's head. It distracts John and the lawmen enough for Dutch and his partner to make their escape with the remaining hostage.
Run downstairs and get to your horse outside. Join Ross, Fordham, and the sheriffs as they chase after Dutch. Fordham says Dutch escaped with the bank manager (the male hostage) in an automobile. Ross says they are probably headed to an old logging camp down the road. They discuss John and Dutch's past a little along the way. With John questioning, Ross reveals that himself and Fordham are not cops or the army but Ross has authority over both. They are agents of Washington (D.C., capital of the USA).
Eventually the posse comes across the automobile which is now a flaming wreck on the side of the road. With Dutch forced to continue on foot, the lawmen head into the forest after them. Around the bend in Bearclaw Camp you are met with ten enemies along a stretch of road. They are hiding behind various rocks and trees.
Get off your horse with the others and make your way through the woods killing the enemies. When there are two left they'll start to run towards the cabins up the hill. Kill them and move up to find two more next to the cabin on the left and five more past them. Kill them all and meet the agents at the cabin back-right.
Marston tells Edgar Ross that Dutch got away. Ross teases John that he didn't have the guts to shoot but John says he'll do it when he gets the chance. The lawmen ride off.
- Quickly climb the ladder and sprint into the snipers/ammo crates. The cutscene will trigger.
- Aim at the door and shoot the first captor before the hostage dies.
- Dead-Eye/headshot the next two out the door and get the snipers in the upper windows.
- Dead-Eye/headshot the next six enemies running out the doors. When the last one drops, try to run back to the ammo crate to replenish sniper ammo.
- Sprint across the plaza. When you get near the bank you can toss a dynamite stick to blow the doors open but be careful that your partners are not close enough to get killed.
- Dead-Eye/headshot the three visible enemies behind the counter. Again, a stick of dynamite tossed onto the counter can wipe out two or three
- Go left and start up the stairs. Stop and take out the second captor to free that hostage and the other remaining enemy if needed.
- Sprint up the stairs and Dead-Eye/headshot the three remaining enemies. Run to the marker.
- Sprint downstairs (you can hop the railing) and get to your horse outside.
- Follow the posse of lawmen all the way towards the forest. When you see the burning car, sprint ahead.
- Stay on your horse while taking out the numerous enemies scattered around the rocks and trees. Dead-Eye/headshots all around. One runs across the road near the beginning.
- Still on your horse, work your way to the back continuing headshots. You should be able to clear them all out real fast.
- Sprint to the cabin to meet with Ross.
- Note: Southwest of the final cabin is a rock. Past that rock towards the waterfall (in the far distance) is a chest with some money.
Bear One Another's Burdens < Great Men Are Not Always Wise > And You Will Know the Truth