|The Prodigal Son Returns (to Yale)
☸ GOLD MEDAL ☸
Fastest Time: 4:30
Shot Accuracy: 80%
Number of Headshots: 7
Help MacDougal escape Blackwater from Dutch and his savages. Snipers and cavalry won't make it easy, though.
+$100, +50 Fame, +25 Honor
Professor MacDougal is found packing his things. He tells Marston that he's had enough of the bullets and savages so he wants to get out. After the professor takes in some needed cocaine, a gunshot breaks the window. Outside Dutch is waiting with some men. He wants to kill the professor with John as a bonus.
With words not making progress, Marston plans an escape via the roof. He leads MacDougal into another room where two townsfolk are trying to get busy. John tells them to get down while MacDougal barricades the door. The pair heads out the back door with the professor leading the way up the ladder to the roof.
Here comes the fun
In control of Marston, get up the ladder. On the roof MacDougal will be held hostage by one of Dutch's men. Take out the captor and run over to grab a sniper rifle plus ammo. Enemies will appear all around on neighboring rooftops. There are eight of them with two north, two west, and four south scattered behind chimneys. Snipe them all or use a rifle.
When they are all dead, follow MacDougal down a ladder and run across the rooftops. Go down another ladder to mount your horse. Follow the professor out of town. He'll rave about how the West isn't the fairy tale it was supposed to be - it's just people killing each other
Near the intersection in the middle of the plains a group of four enemies on horseback will appear off to the left. Kill them before they kill MacDougal. Continue on towards the forest as the professor continues to rant. At the train tracks three more enemies appear from the right. Kill them and follow the professor to the Manzanita Post train station.
Get to the station and dismount to meet with Professor MacDougal. He'll talk about how he better get a prize for all of this research. The two say goodbye and part ways.
- Quickly get up the ladder and kill MacDougal's captor.
- Sprint over to the sniper and begin taking out the enemies using bursts of Dead-Eye. It's possible to use a rifle for the north and west enemies to save a little time.
- With them all dead, grab sniper ammo, jump down (don't use ladders), run across the roofs, and jump down again to mount your horse. Note: Make sure MacDougal is on the lower roofs before jumping down completely or else you'll "abandon" him.
- Leave Blackwater and stay ahead of the professor.
- Quickly kill the two waves of enemies that come after MacDougal. You should be able to get them before they get a single shot off.
- Sprint to Manzanita Post and dismount right at the small set of stairs.
For Purely Scientific Purposes < The Prodigal Son Returns (to Yale) | Harold MacDougal