Those of you with the Liars and Cheats Pack or the Undead Nightmare disc
will like the latest official Red Dead Redemption gaming tips straight from Rockstar Games! Look below to find out how to get ahead in the Grand Prix Horse Racing.
Racing horses through winding gulches and treacherously shooting friends and enemies in the back online with Grand Prix has been a fan-favorite part of the Red Dead Redemption multiplayer experience since the original release of the Liars and Cheats Pack DLC and again as included as part of the Undead Nightmare disc release in stores now.
High time for a rundown of pro tips to help you saddle up, outpace, outgun and outride the competition.
A few seconds after each race begins, a shotgun and a handgun become available for use with limited ammo, as well as a knife. There are 3 circuits and 12 total races:
Carrera del Diablo
N. Johns Invitational
- Carrera del Diablo
- Ridge Racin'
- L. Johnson's Run
- Caronas Paradise
- Tall Trees Trail (One of the most perilous courses in the game, this race will have you riding along the water's edge a lot of the time, so best to stay to the right side.)
- Rio Run
- Sidewinder Breeze
- Boulder Dash
- Manzanita Mile
- Rathskeller Run
- Saint's Sprint
- Boulder Dash
Follow these tips to keep your skills sharpened during the heat of all 12 races:
- Your knife is perhaps the most useful weapon in Horse Racing. It never runs out of ammunition and no more than two slices take a player or his horse down.
- Shotgun shells are powerful, but you only get six per race. Conserve until you are on a straightaway and are near your opponents.
- Use your hand gun to fire on opponents when you're lagging behind during the second half of each race.
- Don't let your own gunfire slow you down. Keep your horse galloping at max speed, or you could be costing yourself a few places in the final standings.
- Watch out for trees and rocks as they sometimes will be right in your way on the course.
can be earned while in Grand Prix Horse Racing:
- From Glue to Mon Dieu! - To get this one, you need to place last and then get first in the next race. For example, if you get last place on the Tall Trees Trail, you'd need to get first place on Rio Run. Expert players may need to throw a race to pull this one off!
- Peacewalker - Do you have what it takes to not get shot during an entire race, and to not fire your weapons either? If you're successful, you'll get this Achievement/Trophy.
- Triple Crown - Get first place in one of the three circuits. The Rathskeller Series is the shortest at three races long, so it's probably your best bet.
If you have any tips to add onto all of these or have questions, let us know in the comments section or in the Red Dead Redemption forums