The PlayStation Network is officially back online, and with that comes the triumphant return of Rockstar Games Social Club Multplayer Events for the PS3 community.
It's time for two consecutive afternoons of multiplayer on PSN with Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
on Wednesday May 25th
from 4-7PM Eastern and Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare with TRIPLE XP on Thursday May 26th
from 4-7PM Eastern. (Note that Triple XP will also be active for Xbox LIVE during this time.)
The events were originally scheduled for earlier in the month, but moved
after the unfortunate PSN downtime. The PSN players fiending for action better be ready. Plenty of time to practice your aiming, shooting, riding and racing in single player... and you're prepped to take everyone else to school in multiplayer, right? Time to dominate the competition!
Get on over to the multiplayer events page
during both sessions for a live chat, video stream and your chance to win one of several prizes, detailed below. And if you play on PC, join Rockstar for the next event in the calendar on Friday, June 10th, when they'll be taking each other on in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City
on Games for Windows Live.
Here's all the details (GTA details click here
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR PSN IDs
Participating PlayStation Network Rockstar Games IDs for this day will be:
Only add one
PSN ID to your friends list to play.
Enter on the multiplayer events page
for a chance to win a Red Dead Redemption soundtrack
signed by none other than José González (CD or vinyl)!
FINDING ROCKSTAR IN-GAME
Start multiplayer from the main menu. This will place you into a Free Roam lobby. Invite at least one friend and form a posse. Then enter the game mode being discussed by "SocialClub" in the chat. Rockstar will be playing multiple game modes during the event.
HOW DOES FREE ROAM WORK?
Free Roam is the hub of your online experience. Supporting up to 16 players, Free Roam allows you to explore with your friends and enemies, take out the gangs of outlaws or launch into more structured gameplay using the markers placed around the world. Rockstar will be forming posses and then heading into several game modes during the evening.
FORMING A POSSE
To start the game, invite your friends, form a posse and find Rockstar, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, press 'Start' and then enter 'Online Multiplayer' by pressing the 'Square' button.
- Once in a Free Roam lobby, press the 'Select' button to open the in-game multiplayer menu.
- Press the 'R1' button and then the 'Triangle' button to 'Show Friends'. Invite at least one friend into your posse using the 'X' button.
- Once your friends are in the game, press the 'Triangle' button again to return to the 'Players' menu and select them with the 'X' button to 'Propose New Posse' or 'Send Posse Invite'.
- Once you and your friends are ready to go, start up the game mode Rockstar is currently playing. They will announce modes in the chat.
Remember you must have one friend in your posse to play some of the modes with Rockstar. And as stated, pay close attention to the chat to know what game mode they're currently playing.
Join us at the GTA 5 forums