Time to kick off the new Social Club multiplayer events calendar with an afternoon of Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare in honor of this week's release of Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition
(note that you do not have to have the GOTY Edition in order to play - anyone with Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare, and/or any of the DLC can jump in and join Rockstar when they're playing applicable modes). Join the fun tomorrow, Friday, October 14th from 4-7PM Eastern time US on PSN, and enjoy Triple XP all weekend
for both consoles!
21 prizes will be given away Friday, including the Grand Prize: one pair of individually-numbered, hand-painted limited edition PlayStation 3 controllers. If you don't win the top prize, there are still 20 Rockstar prize packs up for grabs... each containing a Rockstar t-shirt and stickers.
To enter, head over to the multiplayer events page
beginning at 3PM Eastern Friday, and fill in your info under the 'Sweepstakes Entry' tab near the bottom of the page. Also look for the live video stream and chat on the same page, where throngs of Social Club members from around the world gather to recklessly talk trash and confer on all things Rockstar...
Below are the PSN IDs that the Rockstars will be using during the event. You can also add the PSN ID of this week's special invited guest, friend Lucas Thomé from São Paulo - of the celebrated Brazilian humor blog O Verso do Inverso
- and a dedicated Red Dead PSN player in his own right. His PSN ID is: lucastbacon
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR PSN IDs
HOW TO FIND ROCKSTAR
Start multiplayer from the main menu, choosing 'Normal' from the list of difficulties. This will place you into a Free Roam lobby. It's best to invite at least one friend and form a posse, but this is not required. Then enter the game mode being discussed by "SocialClub" in the chat.
HOW DOES FREE ROAM WORK?
Free Roam is the hub of your online experience. Supporting up to 16 players, Free Roam allows you to explore with your friends and enemies, take out the gangs of outlaws or launch into more structured gameplay using the markers placed around the world. Rockstar will be forming posses and then heading into several game modes during the event.
FORMING A POSSE
To start the game, invite your friends, form a posse and find Rockstar, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, press 'Start' and then enter 'Online Multiplayer' by pressing the 'Square' button, and choose 'Normal'.
- Once in a Free Roam lobby, press the 'Select' button to open the in-game multiplayer menu.
- Press the 'R1' button and then the 'Triangle' button to 'Show Friends'. Invite at least one friend into your posse using the 'X' button.
- Once your friends are in the game, press the 'Triangle' button again to return to the 'Players' menu and select them with the 'X' button to 'Propose New Posse' or 'Send Posse Invite'.
- Once you and your friends are ready to go, start up the game mode Rockstar is currently playing. They'll announce modes in the chat.
As stated, pay close attention to the chat to know what game mode they're currently playing.
And again, be sure to check out the calendar of multiplayer events
that takes us through the end of 2011. Next week on October 21st, they'll have an evening with Grand Theft Auto IV
: Complete Edition on PSN from 5-8PM Eastern - in celebration of the 10th Anniversary Weekend of the release of Grand Theft Auto III. Stay tuned for some special giveaways with that one too!
Join us at the GTA V forums