Join Rockstar Games tomorrow on the PlayStation 3 for some Legends and Killers DLC
action! Rockstar is going online for hours of fun with Episodes from Liberty City
but they are adding in some time with RDR too! Details below...
"In addition to our originally scheduled Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City PS3 Multiplayer Event from 4-7 PM Eastern, and in celebration of this week's release of the Legends and Killers Pack for Red Dead Redemption, we're adding an extra full two hours of Red Dead Competitive Multiplayer action using the Legends and Killers maps and features online from 2-4PM Eastern. Both events will be on PlayStation 3 since Episodes PC and Red Dead Xbox 360 players got previous dibs - and we'll of course be jumping on to XBL for our next event (also you can always catch us online regularly by following our Gamertag announcements on Twitter and Facebook).
As always, the live stream and hosted chat will be available at the Social Club Multiplayer Events page for spectators if you can't get online to play, or for if you want to multitask while playing to get the full experience of the Social Club Multiplayer Events Series."
Look below to find out how to play and spectate. GTA info here
HOW TO FIND US
Start up multiplayer from the main menu. This will place you into a Free Roam lobby. Invite at least one friend and form a posse. Then enter a game mode. We'll be playing multiple game modes at the same time during the event.
HOW DOES FREE ROAM WORK?
Free Roam is the hub of your online experience. Supporting up to 16 players, Free Roam allows you to explore with your friends and enemies, take out the gangs of outlaws or launch into more structured gameplay using the markers placed around the world. We'll be forming posses and then heading into several game modes during the evening.
To form a posse, press the 'Select' button and use the menu. This menu gives you several gameplay options and access to the list of players in your session.
FORMING A POSSE
For PlayStation 3, to start the game, invite your friends, form a posse and find Rockstar, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, press 'Start' and then enter 'Online Multiplayer' by pressing the 'Square' button.
- Once in a Free Roam lobby, press the 'Select' button to open the in-game multiplayer menu.
- Press the 'R1' button and then the 'Triangle' button to 'Show Friends'. Invite at least one friend into your posse using the 'X' button.
- Once your friends are in the game, press the 'Triangle' button again to return to the 'Players' menu and select them with the 'X' button to 'Propose New Posse' or 'Send Posse Invite'.
- Once you and your friends are ready to go, start up the game mode we're currently playing. This can be found in the chat as the event rolls along.
Remember you must have one friend in your posse to play with Rockstar. And as stated, pay close attention to the chat to know what game mode we're currently playing.
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR PSN IDS
Participating PlayStation Network IDs for the Red Dead event include RedDeadDev3, RedDeadDev4, RedDeadDev5 and RedDeadDev6. Only add one PSN ID to your friends list to play.