☸ GOLD MEDAL ☸
Fastest Time: 2:20
Shot Accuracy: 100%
Escort Nigel West Dickens to a doctor in Armadillo before he bleeds to death. Along the way you'll need to protect him from some bandits.
+125 Fame, +100 Honor
Good looking corpse
John finds elixir merchant Nigel West Dickens lying on the side of a road Southeast of Armadillo. After determining he's still alive, John helps him up to get him to a doctor. Although bleeding badly, Nigel still manages to express his awareness of death approaching in a way only an actor would. Marston gets Nigel onto his wagon and takes the reins.
Race against blood
Once in control of the wagon, get onto the road and follow the highlighted route to Armadillo. There will be a health meter at the top of the screen for Nigel which decreases when the wagon is off road or hits objects such as rocks so stay on the roads. Bullet wounds will also decrease his health too.
When you reach the top of the first hill there will be two enemy bandits on horseback coming toward you from the right. Kill them both as you continue along the road. Eventually you'll come to a sharp right turn that goes a little off road. Make sure you don't find any rocks while cutting the corner. A little farther and two more enemies will ride up to you. Kill them and continue to Armadillo while Nigel whines about his injuries. Once you are in town Nigel's health meter will disappear. Drive the wagon to the marker across from the doctor's office.
A cutscene will show Nigel thanking you and offering to repay the debt if he makes it out. How he'll repay you will be figured out after he sees the doctor.
- Make sure you have plenty of Dead-Eye before starting.
- Just like horses, the best way to run a wagon is to tap sprint every 3 gallops. Stay on the roads and don't tire out the horses.
- When enemies approach, slow down for a more steady aim but don't stop.
- Use Dead-Eye bursts to headshot enemies.
- You can cut the sharp right turn more than shown but be careful of rocks.
- Cheat: If you are having trouble with the time and/or accuracy, you can cheat the mission. When you start, head North towards Coot's Chapel. It has a road that goes straight down towards you. Nigel will lose a lot of health but should still live if you get around the old church and onto the road as quickly as possible. Set a waypoint on the leftside of the church yard so you have something to aim at. Allow an enemy to catch up if they don't find you right away and kill him without missing a shot. If you don't need the accuracy then head straight into town. This will give you a great time around 1:15 or better.
Nigel West Dickens | Old Swindler Blues > You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except for Profit