Deadalus and Son
Men have always dreamt of flight. With a little help one man will join the angels at last.
up to $25, +50 Fame, Expert Hunter Outfit
Speak with a man (Charles Kinnear) on top of a cliff southwest of Casa Madrugada. Charles is constructing a flying machine to be the first to soar through the valley ahead. He is using special glue he made himself to hold the machine's wings together but needs more. He can't leave his machine alone so he could use some help gathering the ingredients.
The glue is made of bird feathers, beaver hides, and red sage. You'll need to find a certain amount of each:
- 20 Feathers: Does not matter what bird so these can be found anywhere.
- 5 Beaver Furs: Look along the river between New Austin and West Elizabeth. They are more easily found on the West Elizabeth side.
- 10 Red Sage: This plant is found around Rio Bravo. They are scattered everywhere.
With the ingredients gathered, go back to Charles and hand them over. He'll thank you for the help and gives you money for your service. Charles is very confident in his machine and will put it to the test soon.
Two days later go back up to see Charles. He has completed his flying machine and is ready to take to the skies. After doing a lot of talking he gets into position. With one last laugh he runs off the cliff. The machine glides gracefully before plunging to the ground far below.
- Items collected are found in your inventory under "provisions". You can keep track of how many of each item you have from there.
- Feathers can be from any bird anywhere. Some larger birds will yield up to four feathers from one carcass. Collect feathers while moving between the other items. If you have trouble seeing birds, shoot into the air to scare some up.
- Beavers are notoriously difficult to find. The best area to find them is along the river between New Austin and West Elizabeth. A great strategy I use (if West Elizabeth is unlocked) is to go to the river crossing southwest of the Pacific Union Railroad Camp. Stand in the middle of the road at the river and wait. Look at the hills on each side of the road every 15 seconds or so. Beavers will randomly appear, usually standing still so look for a brown object. Note: High-powered weapons have a habit of obliterating the animal so use a more basic weapon. They are easy kills anyway.
- Red sage can be found in Rio Bravo. My favorite way to find plants is to run on horseback through open areas with my radar zoomed out (down button). When a plant icon appears, run over and pick it up. Be careful of cougars and other predators in the Rio Bravo area. You can avoid most of them by going to the lower northern edge of Rio Bravo but there may not be enough. Make sure you pick red sage which is red, not desert sage which is purple.
- The monetary reward can be $20-$25. To get the full amount of money you'll need to skip cutscenes and find the items as quickly as possible.
- If you pre-collect the items, you'll need to wait for Charles to walk over to the cliff's edge to trigger the next conversation in Part 1.