Flowers for a Lady
A nice old man is gathering flowers to bring to his housebound wife for their anniversary.
up to $25, +50 Fame, +15 Honor
Speak with a man (Billy) along the road between MacFarlane's Ranch and Thieves' Landing. He is picking flowers to bring to his wife (Annabel) who is unable to get out of the house. Billy wants to celebrate their 50-year anniversary with a bouquet for her. Being old himself, Billy accepts an offer of help in gathering more pretty flowers for the bouquet.
Head off to find the following flowers:
- 3 Wild Feverfew (white): Hennigan's Stead/everywhere
- 3 Red Sage (red): Rio Bravo
- 3 Desert Sage (purple): Gaptooth Ridge
When you gather all the required flowers, head back to Billy who is now at the cabin just beyond his first location. He'll take the bouquet and bring you inside to meet his darling wife. Upon entering the cabin Annabel is shown sitting in a chair.
She is obviously dead and has been for quite a while. Senile Billy will say how Annabel wants to go to Blackwater to ride in those new motorcars. Billy will beg you to stay for tea and blackbird pie but to no avail. While heading off to an appointment with "Planet Earth", Billy remarks that they play bridge on Thursdays.
- For the flowers, you can travel to the individual locations described above or check the area south of Ridgewood Farm. All three will appear in that area along the main road. Wild Feverfew are plentiful near Billy's location. Be careful of cougars when gathering red sage or get them west of Lake Don Julio.
- If you pre-collect the flowers, you'll need to wait 6 hours to trigger the next conversation. Going to a nearby safehouse to save the game (can cancel the save) is perfect.
- The monetary reward can be $20-$25. To get the full amount of money you'll need to skip cutscenes and pick the flowers as quickly as possible. You should be able to gather them all with time to waste.